Deaun Jeter Memorial Scholarship
2010-2011 Scholarship Winner
LDAK would like to congratulate our 2009-2010 scholarship winner! Khali Anderson, of Great Bend High School,
has won the Deaun Jeter Memorial scholarship of $500.00/
2009-2010 Scholarship Winner
LDAK would like to congratulate our 2009-2010 scholarship winner! Samantha Gompf, of Blue Valley
High School, has won the Deaun Jeter Memorial scholarship of $500.00
To aid Kansas LD students in their endeavors to pursue higher education. To stimulate their motivation toward
academic achievements. To open up the possibilities of continued educational achievements. To illustrate
that there are no limits to what they can work for.
Any Kansas graduating LD student who can meet college or vocational/technical admissions requirements.
Application forms are available at this website or from
PO Box 4603
Olathe, KS 66063
Responses to the questions on the application form may be answered in any manner: typed, handwritten, taped, etc.
Applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a copy of the front of the applicant's current IEP
- a one page cover letter from a teacher, counselor or administrator answering the question, "Why do you think
that this student should be awarded the scholarship?"
Criteria for Selection
- The student's strengths;
- the nature of the student's learning disability;
- the student's non-academic activities and interests;
- a measure of the student's motivation;
- the student's rank, cumulative grade point average, and SAT or ACT scores (these will be considered as only
one of many indicators of the applicant's potential for success in college);
- LDA of Kansas members' families will be given preference in case of a tie;
- financial need will be considered in case of a tie;
- three letters of recommendation from counselors, LD teachers, classroom teachers, employers, pastors,
or friends (finalists only);
- personal interview (finalists only).